||  What Can You Do?
Every member of a Tea Party group should perform
something to be of service.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Read the day's new web site articles and give
each one either a thumbs up or a thumbs down. This may take from 15
to 30 minutes. Hardly a big sacrifice. (I really like this
- Attend every General Meeting and offer to do
something to be of help like bring some cookies or make the coffee or sign
people in or greet people at the door or get there ahead of time to help
get "stuff" on the tables.
- Be someone who responds to requests to phone
or write to our representatives regarding legislation.
- Attend hearings at the Capitol -- you'll learn
a lot. Attend city council meetings.
- Read relevant books and write a brief report
to be forwarded to members.
- If you are fortunate enough to have a good Tea
Party type representative, attend every Town Hall or other meeting to
- Donate, donate, donate your time and your
money. It doesn't have to be a lot of either one, but a little bit
from a lot of people can really make that boat rock.
- Go to Seminars, Conferences and other
appropriate group meetings or rallies.
- Whatever you do to be productive, enjoy
it. Know that it is very important. We are so very fortunate
to have the time and the resources that allow us to make a difference.
power is in our numbers. When a speaker walks in the door and sees 100 or
more people at the meeting, they know they have not wasted their
time. When you attend a Town Hall Meeting or a campaign event or a
rally, know that you are recognized as a force to be listened to. If
we want to make a difference, we have to make an effort.